Wednesday 2 July 2008

Welcome

Hello there,

Welcome to A page A Day Book Club. After various conversations with friends and family alike, we realised that it is the season to increase and broaden our horizon and knowledge through the simple pleasure of reading. The season to wrap ourselves up in seamless words and to invigorate the mind, spirit and soul.

The aim is to pick 2 books a month for members to read. Members will be invited to suggest a book and a vote will be taken on which 2 books to read. There is no limit to the genre of books, from spiritual, to romance, to thrillers.

You are hereby invited to join in the book reading and the conversation. Click the subscription link to join and you will get regular updates on what books to read, the timeliness and comments from readers.

Furthermore, you don't have to read the recommended books, you could simply drop a comment or suggest a book that has simply made you breathless!

So, if you are interested in reading more and talking with book lovers about the books you're reading-let me know. I am screening all comments, thus if you are interested please drop me a mail and include:



  • Name
  • Email address
  • Books you would like to read or you have read and would like to recommend
Please send your details by 5 July 2008.

Once I get the final member list, I will put together and send to all an introduction email.

To start things off I recommend the following books below. Hope to hear from you soon.
Remi

My Recommendations:

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden











No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay














A thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to it.

Can we read the audasity of Hope by Barrack Obama... the next and first african american POTUS.


nneka

Made in His image said...

Hi Rems - Stepheny here! Count me in.

Unknown said...

I am soooooooo in Rems. What`s the first one we will be reading? I am currently reading Me and My Big Month and simply loving it.
I think this is a splendid idea, Rems well done!

BOOKS FOR THE SEASON said...

Hey Mel, Thanks.. I love the sound of that book! lol..
We haven't decided which one to read yet. it depends on the book that gets the most reading vote / suggestion. So suggest a book that you might want to read and by Wednesday I will do a stock take and decide, after which we have 3 weeks to read and comment on the book and then a week to decide another one. thanks hon
x