Sunday 6 July 2008

Revised Guidelines and Timelines

Due to more people wishing to join A Page A Day, the dates and guidelines for Book Suggestion, reading and review have been rescheduled and revised.

The new deadline to submit a request for a book to be read is Wednesday 10th July 2008.


Revised guidelines are as follows:

Book Selection:
Books with the most suggested reading votes will be selected for everyone to read

Duration of reading:
From the day of selection, readers will have 3 weeks to read and comment on the book. A notice will be placed on the website to notify everyone, along with where to get the recommended book from.

Just before the 3 weeks is up, a notice will be placed on the site and an email sent to all, inviting everyone to recommend the next book to read, and the selection process will be followed through.


As requested before, please send the following information:
Name
Email address
Books you would like to read or you have read and would like to recommend


You could send this information 2 ways:

  • Use the comment link on the blog: click on this, follow the instruction (if you don't have a blogger account, select annonymous) type in the details requested above, type in your name and press comment.
  • Send an email: Send me an email with the details above (send emails to poetessrem@yahoo.com)

I look forward to your recomendations and delving into the book of choice.

Have a great day

Remi Banjo

6 comments:

Made in His image said...

No time for Goodbye gets my vote. Also the Mya Angelou autobiography - yes, all 5 (I think). Oldies but goodies!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rems, this is cool.It's good to encourage us to read :-))) So please count me in. I would like to read 'The Shack, written by William P. Young' I think it's new on the book scene. I would also like to read 'The Host by Stephenie Meyer.'

I look forward to the selection... Kay

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, I will love to join this book club oh.. Let me see, I vote for "no time to say goodbye, one of your suggestions..
Looking forward to this, I surely need to read a whole lot more! :-)) xx Lyn

Anonymous said...

A book I think I might purchase next is "The Sun also rises by Ernest Hemingway."

Reason is - I've never read anything by him (I believe he was most famous for his poetry). Also, I was just reading on the BBC website that the bull racing/fighting week begins a a part of Spain called Pampalona this week, and apparently the event was made famous by Hemingway in this book.

Hence 2 good reasons why I think I shall give it a try. What do you think?
Thanks Bukky

Anonymous said...

Hi there, my vote is "no time to say goodbye", looks like it has good reviews and it's a mystery thriller. The preview looks quite interesting.
I look forward to start the reading. Thanks Rach..

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I vote for Audercity of hope - Barak Obama, because I think we need to learn a bit more about the potential president of America.

I look forward to reading the selected book. Well done, thanks for encouraging us to read.

mimi